5.06.2005

A little blogging on the Whirlpool exit

Tuesday was my last day at Whirlpool. I meant to blog about it earlier, but just getting around to catching up on my blog posts now.

Pretty smooth transition from Whirlpool, primarily because I finally learned to do a much better job delegating rather than having my fingers in all the projects in the Connected Home program. Plus, I have some really smart and talented people working for me (no, really, I do) that made it easy.

Hard part of leaving wasn't the people that I will naturally stay in touch with; it was those great people I've met that I probably will not be able stay in touch with and saying goodbye to them for what truly was a goodbye. When I compiled my goodbye email, I was shocked that there were so many people (I stopped counting when the list reached 100) that I had worked closely with over my three years there.

I know I will miss Whirlpool for a long time; or, more specifically, I will miss the people there. Even up until the last day I kept thinking of "my projects" and "my team." I would bet good money I will not find another company with the combination of intelligence, ethics, and decency that Whirlpool's people exhibit. Simply amazing that a boring appliance manufacturing company in boring SW Michigan is doing so many great things with such a diverse set of technologies and nobody outside of Whirlpool knows about it.

No comments: