1.14.2005

Powerline Networking - Take II

Perhaps I spoke too soon... last night while working in the wee hours of the morning I had trouble accessing the Internet through my work computer - the one that's connected to my home network via powerline. I assumed it was an intermittent problem with my cable broadband connection (I get that pretty often), so I didn't think much of it.

This morning, I try to fire up my work computer, and no dice. Did some troubleshooting, everything checked out. Played around with different parts of the network for at least an hour. Finally, it starting working again (I would use the phrase "I got it working", but I have absolutely no friggin' clue what I might have done to cause it to start working again).

I did learn one thing... this event reinforced my belief in the importance of caffeine. More than once I ended up just staring at a powerline adapter (apparently I was using telepathy to reconfigure it... or that's what an observer would note).

No comments: