10.28.2007

Our first Husky game

The University of Washington Husky football program is such a hot item that we scored free tickets through the school for their homecoming game against Arizona. Good friends of ours are Husky season ticket holders and Jim and Amanda were kind enough to invite us to tailgate with them in the shadow of Husky stadium. We had a really good time with our kids playing with their kids, met some new people and shared some interesting stories. Since Seattle folks don't seem to get up early we were pleasantly surprised to find easy parking two and a half hours before game time and enjoyed the great location of the stadium right on Lake Washington.

I've created a SmugMug account to share photos. To date I haven't liked Picasa, Flickr, Facebook, or any of the photo sharing services out there. I've watched SmugMug for a while and the kicker is their wide set of convenient uploading tools especially for Mac and iPhoto owners. I will be putting my entire photo collection up there over the coming weeks. They do charge a fee ($15 a year) but they also have no limitations on bandwidth or photo size which meet my requirements.

Pics from the game are here.

And Jake Locker, Washington's QB, will be in the running for the Heismann next year. One of the best all-around college QBs I've seen in a long time.

No comments: