2.26.2005

More things iPod

Ran to Best Buy today to use up my $30 gift card leftover from Christmas. Went it to see if they had FM transmitters for my iPod mini, and sure enough they had the iTrip mini from Griffen Technology there.

So finally I can play my MP3 collection on my iPod mini in my car. But how to mount? I shunned the kits that include both car power adapter and FM transmitter due to cost. Instead, I grabbed an iGrip for $5 from Best Buy. Haven't tried it in the car yet, but just playing with it I don't see how it's going to hold the iPod in place (it will stick to the dashboard no problem... but the other surface is not "sticky" or "grippy"). So I likely wasted $5. Griffin makes an iPod mini "captain's chair" for $10 that drops into your car's cup holder... maybe that will fit the bill.

Of course, that wasn't enough. My wife saw the iPod Shuffle at Best Buy, and we picked one up for her. Of course it was ME that selected the 1GB version rather than the 512MB one =)

On an interesting note, iTunes does not like both the iPod mini and the iPod Shuffle plugged in at the same time. It will only recognize one of them (the first one in). Not sure of the issue but that seems strange to me.

I really should be buying APPL stock with all the gear I've bought from them in the past year.

No comments: