3.12.2005

The gall of Brainbench

Brainbench is a testing/certification service for a number of areas of discipline, including business and computing. I've liked the service over the last few years, and I've had my employer pay for a subscription for myself and my team.

At this point in my career and development I've probably "outgrown" Brainbench. So, I decided not to renew. They renew your subscription automatically if you do nothing, so I went to their web site, and with a little effort found a link to "request not to renew." So I click on it.

It brings up a page where it asks me why I don't want to renew. No big deal. Until I see that this information is REQUIRED. Excuse me? Who the frick are you to require such information from me? Worse yet, they REQUIRE a phone number from me as well. What??? To NOT do business with you, you're going to REQUIRE information from me? GFY. Obviously I entered garbage in each field.

In one instant they go from a resource I would strongly recommend to my colleagues to one where they won't ever get a mention from me.

No comments: