6.19.2005

I just love Father's Day

Not so much for what I do, but it is a time of year that I get to reflect on what it means to be a father and the tremendous responsibility, and satisfaction, that comes with it. Hmmm, maybe that was the source of my upset stomach all morning (and not the mexican food from last night)?

This year, Spencer was thoughtful enough to get me not just one, but two Star Wars lego kits: the Emperor's Shuttle and a Snowspeeder, with plenty of minifigs to boot (13 between the two kits). Spencer even got me out of bed Saturday morning at 7am to share his little secret and give me my presents.

Garrett must really understand my fanaticsm with my iPod, as he had the insight to get me the Bose SoundDock for my iPod mini. Great sound (had sampled it at the Apple Store over in Bellevue), and what a great way to play an entire music collection. Set up a playlist and enjoy. Way cool.

On a side note, we have a move date set: July 5th. Gives us a couple more weeks in this apartment. Not a bad place, and we like the location, but we are getting antsy to get into a home and get things going there. Dying to see the state of all the stuff we currently have stored in Tacoma. Hope most of it made it in one piece!

No comments: