9.29.2006

Bring on the Irish

So far my confidence placed in the Lions has been truly misplaced... perhaps I should be placing it on the undefeated Boilermakers? The game of the year on Purdue's schedule is tomorrow, when Purdue travels to South Bend to take on Notre Dame. Last time Purdue visited they broke a 30+ year drought of winning in South Bend (by 25 points no less) and Amy and I were there to witness it. All of us (our tailgating crew) took time to enjoy the victory afterward as we pondered whether we would be alive the next time Purdue wins in South Bend.

Maybe it's because Purdue is owed some W's after outplaying the Irish in 1998, 2000, and 2002 yet still coming away with a loss, but I have high hopes for this game. Not that I think Purdue is a better team this year - they aren't. But they are due to win a game they aren't supposed to.

No comments: