9.17.2006

The Detroit Lions

I must say, for the first time in about 7 years, I was impressive with the Lions showing last week. A little disappointed in the offensive productivity, especially getting the ball to Roy Williams (his drops and Kitna's misses), but all-in-all a good showing against the defending NFC champs.

This week they get an NFC Norris rival, the Bears. I was able to attend one game at Soldier Field (pronounced "Soldiers Field" by the locals in Chicago for some reason), watching the Bears beat the Lions, and what a great environment for pro football.

This is the first time in a long time that I've looked forward to a Lions game "to see what they can do." We have NFL Sunday Ticket, so we are able to catch all the Lions' games, but I can't remember the last time going into a game against a good opponent I've thought the Lions had a chance at winning. Let's get it on!

No comments: