1.30.2008

Well done CVES first and fifth graders!

I enjoyed a fine evening entertained by Snoqualmie Ridge's Cascade View Elementary School's fifth and first graders. First, the fifth grade band, which immediately made me thankful for my parents making it through me and my sister's band years. Second, the first grades did a great job singing songs, reciting books, acting out the songs, and playing xylophones and other related instruments. Nice to see Spencer improvising at his young age. And the music teacher did a fantastic job putting this together.

Lots of fun, and probably the best part was the first graders, despite being in the same spot for an hour, were remarkably well behaved. Very impressive. Perhaps a couple teachers at Mount Si can learn a lesson! I'm referring to their disturbance of a school assembly about Dr. Martin Luther King that made local news around here. At least the school apologied to Rev. Hutchinson.

No comments: