9.13.2008

Glad others saved me the time

After watching the Palin interviews I was left scratching my head wondering if ABC and Gibson took a similar approach with Obama. After all, I don't recall seeing anyone in the mainstream media other than FoxNews examining Obama's relationship with domestic terrorist William Ayers. Or his relationship with Tony Rezko. Or asking whether he felt experienced enough for the Presidency.

Sure enough, some people have done the deep digging and analyzed the two interviews. The differences between the questions and what was edited out are, well, interesting to say the least. Funny how some reporters believe the VP needs to have more experience than the President.

This is what I think is great about the web. 20 years ago this type of analysis is not available to the common folk. But tools like youtube and free blogs make this kind of dissemination of analysis trivial.

And just like with the media's treatment of Hillary, I don't think this is chauvinism or sexism. It's just the media's attempt to push their agenda forward. We'll see if it works better this election than it did in 2000 or 2004.

No comments: