9.17.2007

Good win for the Honolulu Blue and Silver

Was able to catch the Lions yesterday. We got back from Lake Chelan at 3pm-ish, I fired up the tele and the recorded game, and fast-tracked through the game, able to catch every play but bypassing the hub-bub between plays. All games should be viewed this way, you can get through 3.5 hour game in 45 mins.

Jon Kitna became the man yesterday. I bet my ol' man was comparing him to Bobby Layne or some tough guy QB that the NFL hasn't seen in 20 years (Brett Farve and Steve Young excepted). Talk about carrying a team on your back and making things happen.

While Kitna displayed admirable toughness, the same can't be said for the rest of the offense. What a bunch of wussbags. I think the defense should take that pathetic waste of space called an offensive line behind the woodshed and make them man up. Enough of this. The Lions haven't seen a decent offensive lineman since Jeff Hartings, and even he was very average. How I miss Lomas Brown and Jeff Glover.

I like the four WR set. And the offensive playcalling is well done. Have a sorry RB? Fine, don't call his number. Good for you, Mike Martz. Go with your strengths and make the defense stop you. Or just let Roy Williams fumble the ball. Sheesh, another wussbag.

I will say this about the defense - man are they flying to the ball and man are they laying some lumber. I guarantee that Minnesota's offense is glad Hanson hit that FG in OT. I don't think they wanted any more smacked around from the Lions D. Now Marinelli has to instill that toughness into the offensive line.

And thank you Directv for actually showing a game I paid for. I learned last week that just because you pay for something at Directv you shouldn't expect to actually receive the service - if they give you part of the service that is good enough for them.

No comments: